Compensation for Errors Made During Surgery
At Walsh, Knippen & Cetina, Chartered, our medical malpractice attorneys have an excellent record of obtaining compensation for clients injured by errors made during surgery. For example:
- $7.3 million for a client left with significant facial paralysis and disfigurement after an ENT surgeons mistakes in the removal of a benign facial tumor.
- $2.485 million for a client who suffered a total loss of hearing in one ear after a negligently performed outpatient ear surgery.
- $1.55 million for a 70-year-old woman who suffered a neurological stroke as a result of errors made during ankle surgery at Elmhurst Hospital.
Our lawyers represent clients who have been injured because of a broad range of errors made during surgery, including:
- Leaving instruments or sponges behind
- Severing arteries
- Perforating organs
- Cutting nerves/causing paralysis
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Failure to stop bleeding into the pericardium during heart surgery
- Anesthesia errors
- Plastic surgery errors
- Laparoscopic surgery errors
- Spinal surgery errors
- Cataract surgery errors
- Colonoscopy errors
- Failure to diagnose and treat post-operative complications
Trial Lawyers Who Get Results
If our opponents do not agree to a reasonable settlement, we will take the case to a trial, where we have had excellent results. In fact, in a three-year period, attorney Ed Walsh won three multimillion dollar medical malpractice verdicts in excess of available insurance.
To arrange a free consultation, please contact our law firm. Remember, you will pay no attorney fees unless we obtain financial compensation in your surgical malpractice claim.