WKC represents injured victims and their families in medical malpractice cases against doctors, medical groups, hospitals and other medical providers.
Few, if any, firms have tried more medical malpractice cases to verdict outside of Cook County than WKC. We specialize and achieve exceptional results in this difficult area of law.
- Medical records
- Consult with nursing and medical experts to determine liability, damages
- Negotiate with the risk manager or insurance company
- Argue your case in court and at trial
- Ensure your medical bills are paid
Illinois Medical Malpractice Law Firm
Which Illinois law firms try the most medical malpractice cases?
A review of cases published in the Jury Verdict Reporter named Walsh, Knippen & Cetina, Chartered, as one of only six law firms to try five or more cases to verdict in venues outside of Cook County between 2002 and 2007.
We are proud to be recognized for our outstanding work representing victims of medical malpractice. To learn more about our work, please visit the following pages:
- Surgical Errors: From performing the wrong procedure to leaving instruments inside a patient, the mistakes made before, during and after surgery can cause serious injury and wrongful death.
- Birth Injury: When a doctor’s mistake translates to a lifetime of disability (due to conditions such as cerebral palsy) or the death of a child that otherwise would have had a bright future, our medical malpractice lawyers hold the negligent parties responsible.
- Failure to Diagnose/ Misdiagnosis: When doctors treat the wrong condition or none at all, patients lose the opportunity to benefit from potentially lifesaving treatments. Failure to diagnose breast cancer can be especially harmful to patients and their families.
- Medication Errors: Powerful medications cause serious harm when the wrong prescription or the wrong dose is administered.
- Dangerous & Defective Drugs: These dangerous drugs cause serious harm even when prescribed and administered properly.
- Defective Medical Products: From malfunctioning cardiac defibrillators to defective hip and knee replacements, biomedical devices can put patients at risk.
- Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse: Vulnerable adults in nursing homes have a right to be treated with dignity and respect. Sadly, many suffer at the hands of those we entrust with their care. Common nursing home injuries include falls and bed sores.
- Spinal Cord Injury/Paralysis: These life-altering injuries can be caused by medical malpractice as well as direct trauma. Our law firm ably represents clients injured in either manner.
- Brain Injury: Learn how medical malpractice can cause permanent injury to the brain and how the attorneys of our law firm can help.
- Heart Attack/Stroke: Misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, medication errors and surgical errors can all cause heart attacks, stroke and other cardiovascular issues.
- Hospital and Emergency Room Mistakes: Doctors, nurses, or other medical staff may make errors or act negligently when treating patients at hospitals or ERs, and serious and potentially fatal injuries can occur as a result.
If you were injured or a loved one died because of medical malpractice, please contact our law firm in Wheaton for a free consultation.
Don’t delay. Because of statutes of limitations on lawsuits, those who wait too long will lose their right to recover compensation.