Matthew Heimlich represents victims and their families in nursing home negligence, motor vehicle collision, medical malpractice and other personal injury cases. He handles cases throughout Illinois, including Cook, DuPage, Kane and Will counties.
Matt oversees legal matters from investigation through resolution. He strategically guides clients through the various issues that arise in litigation and has achieved successful outcomes through settlement, mediation, arbitration, and trial. He has tried numerous cases to verdict and has obtained settlements and verdicts in the six and seven-figure range in personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Matt began his career at a defense litigation firm in Chicago, where his practice focused on the defense of skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. Matt’s extensive experience in the nursing home and long-term care industry gives him a unique perspective and competitive advantage in his representation of injured victims.
Matt’s achievements have been recognized by his peers in the legal community. He has been named an Emerging Lawyer by the Leading Lawyers Network from 2016-2019, a distinction given to less than 2% of all attorneys in the State of Illinois.
Matt received his B.A. from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio where he majored in Political Science. He then attended law school at Loyola University Chicago School of Law, earning his J.D. in 2009.
Matt currently lives in the western suburbs with his wife and three children.
Areas of Practice:
- Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse
- Motor Vehicle Crashes
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Illinois, 2009
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Illinois, 2012
- Miami University (OH), 2006, B.A.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2009, J.D.
Speaking Engagements | Presentations | Writings:
- Co-Host of “On Trial” Podcast
- “Hot Topics in Nursing Home Litigation”, DuPage County Bar Association – Civil and Elder Law CLE Meeting, April 2019
- “Electronic Health Records: Know What You Don’t Know”, DuPage County Bar Association – Civil Law CLE Meeting, December 2019
- “Five Essential Differences Between Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Neglect Cases”, DuPage County Bar Association, DCBA Brief Magazine, April 2020
Honors and Awards:
- Emerging Lawyer – Leading Lawyers Magazine, 2016 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association